Monday, November 17, 2008

snow

The weather right now is bringing back vivid memories of this time last year. It was later in the year when the first snow really stuck. But the cold air and the grey are reminding me of those first months of my pregnancy.
It was such a hard time emotionally, and going through all that with the non-stop "morning" sickness was completely draining. My tummy has been doing flip-flops at the memories its been stirring up.
I remember one day inparticular from one of the first snows last year, I had to make that long drive and I was eating french fries and a chocolate shake hoping that would keep me from being sick while driving. It didn't of course. I was sick on the side of the road, in the dark, alone and in the snow.
I don't know what it would be called, some kind of physical memory. I had this with the other two also. The weather will cause my body to recall the feelings of early pregnancy the year after it happened. It's strong enough to almost feel like I'm really going to be sick.
Such a funny thing.
This weather also reminds me of when I was first pregnant with Solstice. We were so scared and I felt so sick. I remember driving to Andre's parents in weather like this and feeling just terrible. I was drinking a coke in hopes it would calm my stomach. I don't think I'll ever forget that.
The year is now marked with these seasonal memories of my children.

1 comment:

LauraJ23 said...

today's blog gave me chills. XO