Friday, April 30, 2010

the benefits of breastfeeding my potty-trainer


22 months and still nursing happily- Isaiah and I are both happy with keeping this relationship going. I had never considered before today the benefits of nursing during potty training! Yesterday we got home from seeing the Tigers and we were all tired out from a long, fun day outside. I wanted to just crash on the couch but Isaiah declared he had to poop. He'd only been on the potty once before just as a joke more than anything, but I believed him and put him on there- and he DID IT! Pee and poop. And he seemed to understand how to make it all work on demand! Yes!! I love child-directed parenting. He was ready, so he asked to do it!

Today, so far, he's been dry all day and has asked to go when needed. The benefits of breastfeeding have been that I don't have to reward him with junky candy or wasteful stickers- he just has a little milk when he's done. He feels happy, supported and very big!

No comments: