Tuesday, June 15, 2010

funny thing about nursing a toddler #212

Isaiah was nursing before naptime yesterday. He was getting that sleepy, zombie look on his face so I thought he was ready to fall asleep. Then all the sudden he pops off, tells me all about some big truck and how it drives here and there and all around and then latched back on and went to sleep.

Isaiah turns 2 next month and I know these days are almost done. Part of me is ready to be alone in this body, not have to worry about having a beer or taking some motrin. But I just can't believe we are here already. Why does it have to go so fast?

Last week Isaiah was pretty sick. He had hand, foot, mouth disease- a virus that kids often get. He had a high fever and a sore throat that made him scream in pain. He didn't even want water because it hurt his throat so much; but he would breastfeed. It was like having a newborn again. And although at times I found myself getting frustrated with so much time on the couch- I tried to be mindful that this was likely the last time I would ever be doing this. I was so grateful we were still nursing.

I am so grateful.

No comments: