Wednesday, October 1, 2008

October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month

I'm sure anyone who'd be reading this knows that my Mom has been fighting breast cancer and that my family has been doing everything we can to raise money for research and spread awareness. I found a new way to help this morning. I was watching the Today show and saw Dr. Susan Love talking about her new mission to have a million women signed up to be research volunteers. They will contact me when there is a doctor looking for women in my area to donate blood or tissue. If I meet the qualifications for that study, I go in and they get what they need. The idea is to find the cause of breast cancer so that someday women won't have to live in fear of this terrible cancer.
I strongly urge every woman reading this to sign up. Dr. Love said tha main reason research isn't done is that they assume no one will volunteer tissues and blood for the research. Let's take this excuse away so a cure and prevention can be found.
Please join the Army of Women.

No comments: