Friday, September 26, 2008

being at home

I'd like to start by saying how lucky I am to be able to stay at home. I'm so lucky that Andre loves me enough to make this decision with me. I'm so glad that we've decided to have me stay home and take care of the kids and the house instead of rushing back into the work force. It's a challenge sometimes, but Andre is working his tail off and I thank God for him every single day.
So having said that, I've been having a hard time with being home with only Isaiah to talk to all day. It was easier during the summer when the kids were home too. But now, after they have all gone off for the day, the house gets very very quiet.
The benefit of that is when Isaiah falls asleep, there are not crazy loud kids running around waking him up. He takes nice long naps now that they are in school. And I get a lot done around the house during these naps. But then the house is even quieter.
I try to keep the tv on sometimes just for the noise, but ultimately it just drives me even more crazy. I've been addicted to pandora.com for non-stop music for whatever mood I'm in that day. Thats great. But it's not conversation.
I try walking around town, at least that gets me some adult contact. But the casual talk of groceries being rung up isn't quite what I'm looking for.
I spend way to much time on things like facebook, getting little snipets of conversation, even if it is typed. And sometimes that helps.
The best days of the week are tuesdays and thursdays. Tuesday I go to a women's Bible study with my mom. The women in our group are fantastic. Those are great days. And Thursdays I get to hang out with Andre in the morning. Those are great days too. I wanted to join a MOPS group or a LLL group, but the meetings are all so far away and I can't justify the gas it would take to get there each week.
Of course, I wouldn't trade my life or my role for anything in the world. And soon enough Isaiah will be following me around all day talking nonstop and I'll wish it were these days again.

No comments: