Sunday, February 22, 2009

knitting ideas for the year-

I've been sick and while laying around I've been thinking about what I want to knit this year.
I've accomplished one of my knitting goals this week, I learned to cable knit. I was trying to find a pattern for a cable knit oven mitt but I haven't had any luck yet. I was thinking it would be a good holiday gift idea. (I know its early to be thinking of these things, but with a baby this year, its gonna take a long time if I want to make gifts this year). I can find plenty of cable knit mittens but kitchen mitts could need to be thicker and I'm not sure how to do that with cables.
Anyway- I did find this non-cabled, felted pattern I might do:

For Easter I think these would be fun:

I want to make this crown for Isaiah's first birthday:

I also found an apron pattern but I'm not sure about it. I love the idea. I might just figure one out on my own.

No comments: