Thursday, August 21, 2008

Church breastfeeding


Breastfeeding at church has been very uneventful so far. I didn't really expect any "hubub", my church is way too liberal and progressive for that. But still, there is just the fact that my boob is out in church, while praying and singing, etc. And I think the only one with the hang up about it has been me. This surprises me because I've been one to whip it out whenever and wherever.
So I had to do a little soul searching on this one. And what hit me was the fact that God designed my body to do this, and He designed Isaiah to need to breastfeed. And of course, everyone ever in the Bible, including Jesus himself, was breastfed. So why should I be worried about doing this in God's house?
And after I thought about things that way, I lost my worries about it. And last week I sat next to my Dad at church with boob proudly out and nursing my sweet son through the first half of service (and after that he burped as loud as humanly possible and had everyone within a few rows cracking up!).

No comments: