Monday, September 8, 2008

bathroom nursing


I went to visit my friend Christy's church on sunday. Her and her husband run a church in Livonia. They were having a kids day on sunday with a puppet show and an ice cream social so the kids and I skipped NorthRidge and headed out there.
Their church is a little more old fashioned feeling... maybe it's just me... but I just wasn't sure how people there would feel about me feeding Isaiah in the middle of the service. Luckily he was more than happy to look at the puppets and the light show and not worry about eating his was through the service. So after, while the big kids were scarfing down ice cream, I did the walk of shame to the bathroom and sat in there, smelling the nasty "air freshener", and nursed my baby.
I did get a chance to talk to a pre-teen girl about breastfeeding while in there. She commented that my shirt was cool, and I said I liked it because it made feeding Isaiah easier. And then I got a chance to talk about how awesome breastfeeding it. Maybe it will stick with her.

No comments: