Sunday, January 4, 2009

grateful for...

Sometimes its easy to loose sight of all the blessings I've received this last year. On a day like today when my head and neck hurt so much I can almost not stand it, it's hard to feel grateful for anything. But I have to stop myself and think of all the wonderful things that have happened to me and what a wonderful life I really do have.
This last year was especially full of blessings. Here are a few of the biggest (in no real order, because how could I even try and compare them?)

1. Isaiah Jack Henry was born. He was such a surprise addition in my life and the pregnancy was such a crazy ride but he is such a joy!! He is so full of light and love.

2. My Mom fought and won her battle with breast cancer. That phone call was so surreal. And seeing her sick was heart breaking. But she is stronger and even more amazing now. And we grew even closer through it all.

3. My family reunited. What can I say? I am just so blessed and grateful. Love Never Fails.

4. Although I don't know the exact day, I know I past the one year mark of being sober from vicoden (etc) and alcohol. I thank God for the strength to finally win that fight.

5. I grew closer to my family. I got to know Megan even better, I spent more time with my Mom and my Dad than I had in years. Although the circumstances were often hard, that was a real blessing. (thank you again Megan for all your help!!)

6. I grew and learned to trust God in all things. There were days when I didn't know where my next meal would come from- and suddenly the answer would be right there. He has never failed me, not once, this year. How could I ever doubt? Even when I wasn't faithful to Him, He was faithful to me.

7. After some therapy and some praying, I have finally discovered that I am good just as I am. And for the first time in my entire life I am comfortable in my own skin and happy to be me.

No comments: