Friday, January 2, 2009

resolutions

I'm not a big fan of resolutions. I don't want to make a list of promises I can't keep for myself. But I do have some general ideas of improvements I'd like to make this year.
1. I'd like to journal more. I used to be better about writing each day. Blogging is nice, but of course its not the same. And there is just something so comforting about putting pen to paper.
2. I want to be a better Christian. Not louder or scarier- don't worry. I want to pray more, read more, and be more focused on being the person Jesus would want me to be; kinder, calmer, more giving, more loving.
3. I refuse to diet ever again. I will never give up baked goods again! But, I would like to loose about 20 pounds in the next 6 months. That wouldn't change my appearance too much but it would make me more healthy. My plan is to stop eating after 9pm and to try to be more active. I was thinking if I make a cd of dance music and dance around like a looney every day, that might be good. When it gets warmer, then I'll switch to going for walks.
4. I want to be a better wife and mother. I want to give my all to make their lives better, calmer and happier.

*******
So do not worry about tomorrow; for tomorrow will care for itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.
Matthew 6:34 New American Standard Bible

2 comments:

Discomomma said...

Good stuff! I have a few of my own, but need to think it over and write it down so I know what I am working towards, instead of keeping it all in my head!

Discomomma said...

Oh I also wanted to tell you I have this laminated card that has an article about stress and at the top it has "Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to your life?" (Matthew 6:27) I keep this by my computer!