Friday, January 16, 2009

teething begins

I swore to myself when I found out I was pregnant this time that I would take in every moment and not let it fly. I would try to memorize every sensation. I would try to take a mental picture at every smile, at every feeding, at every moment of peaceful baby sleep.
But somehow six months has flown by anyway.
And now Isaiah is teething.
He's also pretty good at eating. He loves apples and potatos mixed together. He can almost sit up on his own. He's taking less naps. He's waving (whether on purpose or not, we're not sure). He can play "get Daddys nose" and even play it with Mommy or sister or brother.
But back to teething. This is the milestone that has hit me the hardest. This is the big sign that he is entering into kid-dom.
He's such a wonderful baby, so happy and joyful. Teething has taken a toll on his happiness. He's been very miserable. Crying and even screaming at times.
I feel so bad for him. It must be awful to suddenly have this pain that you can't understand and it just never seems to get better- and it hurts most when you are doing what usually soothes you the most! Eating hurts him at times. That just makes me sad for him.
Overall he's handling it quite well. He's still more smiliey than any other baby I've ever seen.
Even last night when everything fell apart, he was able to give me a smile. He was up a lot last night. He's wake up crying, screaming, unable to be soothed. And then at one of the worst points of the night, I suddenly get a terribly bloody nose! That was just crazy! (of course Andre would have gotten up and helped me if I'd asked, for the record, but I really try not to bug him when he has to go out in the world and work all day) So I was running back and forth between trying to calm Isaiah and taking care of my nose. Life is crazy. But once he got calmed, he gave me a big smile and weent back to sleep.
I hope this tooth will break all the way through soon and we can have a little break before the next one starts.

No comments: